WCD is a Local Ecumenical Partnership, sponsored by Churches Together in Derbyshire to carry forward the ministry of the Church in relation to Work and the Workplace.
It is the body responsible for accrediting clergy and authorised laity, on behalf of the Bishops and the leadership of the member churches, to visit and minister to individual workplaces. Appointments are made in conjunction with employers.
The Partnership is also engaged in helping local churches make the link between faith and work.
WCD publishes an Annual Report in time for the Annual General Meeting each May. This gives an overview of what WCD and associated chaplains do and are about.
The purpose of WCD is:
- To foster the well-being of those engaged in all sectors of employment.
- To relate to the inherent spirituality and creativity of human endeavour and the quality that it brings to a workforce.
- To engage in economic debate and witness to the conviction that God is active in economic affairs.
- To help transform work and the understanding of work in the light of the Gospel.
- To engage the Church in ministry to the workaday life of all people.
- To enable people to discover the presence of God in their daily work.
Our Vision is:
- To bring the world of work into the heart of the life of the Church in Derbyshire.
- To bring the compassion and hope of God into the working lives of people.
- To help uphold a sustainable and just economy.